Spooncarving Workshop Gift Certificate
Gift Certificate for a spooncarving workshop at our studio in Cygnet.
Warning- Spoon Carving is Addictive!!
Welcome to a creative day of mindfulness. Spend the day with us in our small studio in Cygnet, Tasmania learning to make a wooden spoon from scratch. The workshop runs from 10- 3pm, with a maximum of four people per workshop. Dates and times of workshops will be negotiated once you have a ticket- if you are after a specific day please ring to check if it is available BEFORE buying a ticket.
We have many workshops to choose from:
1)THE AXE- Carve a spoon from a piece of 'green wood'. Use traditional hand tools such as the froe, carving axe, drawknife, hook knife and sloyd knife. The ultimate spoon carving experience.
Suitable only for those comfortable wielding a carving axe.
This workshop runs from 10am - 4pm.
Up to three people on request.
2)BEGINNERS WORKSHOP- You are happy to meet new friends and will slot into a workshop with up to 3 other people you don't know.
Learn the spooncarving basics. Carve a spoon from a provided blank with hand tools provided, such as the gouge, hook knife, drawknife and sloyd knife. Workshop runs from 10am - 3pm and is suitable for all skill levels.
3) FAMILY & FRIENDS WORKSHOP- A workshop for family, including children, and friends-book 2 to 4 spots with loved ones and grab a discount. Learn the spooncarving basics. Carve a spoon from a provided blank with hand tools provided, such as the gouge, hook knife, drawknife and sloyd knife. Workshop runs from 10am - 3pm and is suitable for all skill levels.
4) SPECIALTY WORKSHOP- A workshop for those wanting to make something more challenging. This workshop is suitable for those who have made a few spoons and are ready for the next step like an eating spoon, a whale tailed scoop or a spoon with a heart cut-out. Workshops run from 10am - 4pm and are suitable for more experienced carvers. Up to 4 people on request.
5) PRIVATE WORKSHOP- A workshop for those wanting one to one tuition. Suitable for all skill levels. You choose the program - beginners class, specialty spoon/scoop or carving a spoon from greenwood.
This gives you the opportunity to be the centre of attention and ask as many questions as you like without having to waiting your turn.
Workshops run from 10am to 4pm.
******Concession tickets are for pension and health care card holders, children and students.
We teach everyone from the absolute beginner, to people that have experience and want to hone their skills. We will provide you with all materials, tools to use and a yummy morning tea.There will also be a break for lunch- bring your own or head down to Cygnet to one of the many charming cafes.
At the end of the day, you will have your own hand created masterpiece- functional and beautiful! Gift certificates are also available. We can't wait to share this wonderful skill with you.
See you soon,
David & Michelle
**Please note: tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable for other purposes...but fully exchangeable for an alternative date or person.
Prices include GST.
- The Axe Gift Certificate Adult
- The Axe Gift Certificate Concession
- Beginners Gift Certificate -Adult
- Beginners Gift Certificate-Concession
- Friends & Family Gift Certificate Adult
- Friends & Family Gift Certificate - Concession
- Specialty Workshop Gift Certificate Adult
- Specialty Workshop Gift Certificate- Concession
- Private Workshop